Wednesday 1 August 2012

Bloody Call PC

We got the Olympic bronze medal for table tennis women individuals!!! YAYYY

Sure, Bloody Call got draggy at parts and the common parts were too many and too long across the routes, making the game a tad bit linear, but I still loved it tremendously. The CGs for Bloody Call are beautiful, I wish I had them in the full screen rather than the window sizes because they cant fill my entire desktop as background (btw it's still Noiz from DMMd)
Seiyuu cast was superb, Nakamura Yuichi, Hino Satoshi, Ishida Akira, Namikawa Daisuke, Morikawa Toshiyuki, Suzumura Kenichi... I love the voice of every single one of the obtainable characters -throws confetti- I'm not going to be doing a full summary because the story gets complicated so just feast your eyes on the bishies and CGs and my ramblings.

I completed the game in this order: Wataru, Kugami, Cain, Reimei, Shirou, Jin

SPOILER BEWARE SPOILER BEWARE SPOILER BEWARE SPOILER BEWARE

Following a recommended play order I saw somewhere, I went for Wataru first. He was also the guy I was least interested in -__- because he's really quite uncool, getting kicked around by Rin, not having a bugai and all
I think he looked quite attractive here though. Rin looks even more awesome XD

So..... I wasn't fangirling over Wataru, he didn't make my heart go tokidoki. But he was awkwardly cute at times like during the first kiss XD and this CG of him sleeping oh man.. so adorable!!

Wataru's route was mainly about him acting tsundere and trying to become stronger. He tattoos himself a bugai and if you, as Futaba (the female protagonist), make the wrong choice, he ends up dying-- sad emo time where Futaba holds his hands while he lies on the bed trying to tell her that he loves her. Wataru's hands drop from her grasp lifelesly and he dies before even saying 'I love you'. If not, he survives and gains a new power and defeats the bad guys and they live happily.

Now... I have mixed feelings for Kugami. He's the school doctor (what's with Ishida and school doctors lolol) as well as the enemy spy who initially tries to get closer to Futaba to get more info. I didn't quite like his character design to be honest.. those glasses look like transition lens and I don't like Kugami wearing them at all =(

He plays hard to get and bahhh it managed to draw me in hehe. Was feeling happy and satisfied when he finally admits to liking Futaba. But it was really the bad ending which increased my love for Kugami.. He turns into a monster and loiters around in the enemy HQ after killing everyone. When Futaba tries to find Kugami during the incident aftermath, she bumps into monster!Kugami and almost have a face off. Just before he attacks Futaba, monster!Kugami stops, looks at Futaba, gives an anguished roar and retreats, never to be seen again T_____T it's soooo sad, I can still hear the final roar echoing in my ears.


This makes Kugami's happy ending all the more precious though it's nothing special by itself, I really want Kugami to live and be happy T ^T One more thing, Kugami always dies or gets hurt seriously in other people's routes, it's quite funny XD cos Ishida actually voices the groans and last words.

Cain's route was so funny!! Namikawa sprouting engrish and speaking with a foreigner accent XD Cain was a charming guy, and I liked him from the start ^^

No one is perfect though.. I find that Cain has too much of a brother complex. In the good ending, they successfully rescue his brother, Abel, out from the HQ and Cain spends all his time looking after his unconscious brother. That i'm ok with. But he tells Futaba that he will confess and kiss her when his brother wakes up. Like O_O? If Abel doesn't wake up then too bad for Futaba? 

In the bad ending, Futaba grants Abel's wish and kills him. Cain is devastated of course, but he understands that Futaba had eased him of the terrible task of killing his own brother. However, he's too heartbroken so he leaves her. It was awfully nice of him to speak to her so gently and not blame her after what she had done.. but again it shows his overwhelming love for his brother. 

I went after Reimei next and even though he's voiced by my favourite voice actor, this character makes Nakamura sound so..... lifeless. I actually clicked to proceed without listening to the full sentence/speech. Reimei's supposed to be the main male character but the route didn't meet my expectations )=

Too prim and proper even till the end.. It's one thing to be gentlemanly and principled, but Reimei went overboard to become wooden and ... just flat. I actually liked the bad end, Imitation kiss, more than the happy one because he pulled a bed sheet over Futaba's mouth and kissed her in her sleep before leaving with Shirou to battle the baddies, never returning. In the happy end, all 3 went together and after it all, Reimei knelt down and pledged his loyalty to Futaba while kissing her hand -___________- what is this, i'm sure she is looking for a lover, not a loyal knight.


On the other hand, Shirou, Reimei's twin was absolutely lovely :D he made many moves on her right from the start and played around with many other girls  XD it was revealed that Shirou chose to act so differently from his brother to improve the impression people have of Reimei because he's really just so distant (see see?) Anyway they have some fluffy and squeal worthy times here and there during which I fell prey to Shirou's charms.

Shirou felt that his bugai was too weak and so he got a new one tattooed, just because he could. The new weapon was very very strong, but it could only be used a limited number of times within a time period or Shirou would lose his calm side and become a killing maniac or something. Of course, Shirou exceeds the limit but he refuses to let Futaba or anyone else know.

In the bad end, after the final battle during which he exceeded his limit, he kisses Futaba and sends her off before shooting himself in the head. That sound of the last gun shot made me cringe. NOO SHIRO.... if that's how it's going to be, I'd rather not have the kiss.

In the good end, he sent Futaba off without a kiss and disappears. After a whole lot of drama, Futaba manages to bring him back to normal and they live happily ever after :)

Finally, the last guy who is also the secret character-- Jin. In the other routes, Jin was portrayed as the boss of the evil guys, though in some you can clearly see that a shota named Ensof was planning something sneaky.

No doubt Jin and Futaba make the one true pairing in the game. I also loved his route :) because Jin is a human, yet he's really strong. He's a little old for Futaba but oh well I don't mind hehe. The both of them go such a long way back, it's touching and to think that Futaba had been his source of strength all those years T ^T

Everytime he acts all gruff but watches her sleep, wipes away her tears, makes sure she eats, asks her about her dreams, keeps her warm... Even though she's supposed to be part of his own race which he has given up on.
Hehe sorry, I exaggerated on the romantic parts. Jin's route is awesome because it pieces together the bits of story gathered from the other routes and delivers the twist. That's why I love it so much! A good plot always makes me love the game more ^^

The romance part is quite cliched, to be honest. Jin dies in the bad ending while in the good end they live happily ever after haha
Beautiful CG of them kissing under the sun lol :)

Finally I've come to the end!! The music was good too! Due to the time I spent on this game, I really listened to the background music in loops for long hours, sometimes the same track for a few hours when I procrastinate and do other stuff with the game running in the background. Catchy themes, but there were few happy music, with the bulk of it being fast paced or sad ones. Bloody call also makes use of some animation thingy when the guys make their weapons appear which is pretty cool.

Just like to point out that Wataru was really treated as a little kid compared to the other guys. His bad end was just so kiddish XD Favourite bad end goes to Kugami because it's really impactful. Fave good end goes to Shirou because you get to hear Hino Satoshi's 'raep' voice. Fave guy arh.... I guess it's either Shirou or Jin, followed by Cain, then Kugami, then Reimei and then Wataru ^^


You know cos it's been a while since I completed the game, when I was naming my screen shots just now I actually named Cain and Kugami as Jin. Then when I finally came to Jin, I was wondering why I had so many screen shots of him XD

No comments:

Post a Comment