Sunday 29 September 2013

Updates~

Today I collected my jacket from the tailor auntie at amk, in time for the photoshoot next next week. Because there's not much time left I really need to work and get the shoulder part out... I actually have most parts ready, just need to piece them together and that is the toughest part x_x then again when I get down to it, things may not be so bad :l

Will need more velcro. Hey it's a level up :D I used to tape everything when it comes to clothes. Now I'm  turning to velcro. When will I switch to sewing? Hehehe when I get a sewing matching perhaps,which isn't going to happen in the near future.

When it comes to props I hope to experiment with wood and plastic someday (Y) oh btw I made improvements to the gun. It's a long story-- I know I said I wouldn't touch it until the shoot but a friend from the team came over to stay the night last sat and she gave me so many suggestions which were also improvements I would have wanted to make eventually. Like adding details to the back portion.
It looks much shinier now, though most of the shine was painted on haha! She also helped me try out the eye make up for Laguna, it's the first time I've done eye make up specifically to look like the character. I've always just been doing generic looks, being the noob I am. It was awesome, no photo though because I was zzzzz. It was close to 2am when we stopped the make up experiment and moved on to the gun.

Also I'm so proud of myself for altering the jacket today. It's a simple alteration, using safety pins at the back to make the jacket more open at the front and fitting to my body. Proud because I copied this exact method from another awesome coser whose shoot I helped out with last week and it turned out surprisingly well for a first try. Honestly I looked rather out of proportion due to the jacket almost overlapping with my belt. I'll have to wear the belt super low to create the illusion of a longer body but this in turns shortens my legs. URGH I give up. Maybe things will balance out when I put on the boots. If not, sorry guys you're stuck with a short and sulky Laguna hahaha

School wise... I'm considering the option of continuing with phd after honours. I had always wanted to work after graduating and never gave further studies more thought because my grades aren't that good anyways. But after finding out more about the conditions and benefits from the phd student in my lab, this option sounds really tempting. And I received so much encouragement blabla saying that I'm suitable for phd and so on. Not sure how much of it was true or just flattery but yea now I'm thinking about it :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment